Skip to main content
You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Apple Admits Safety Issues at Supplier
Beijing Satellite Campus
China-US Trade Issues
Governance, Economies and Policies
International Trade (1)
International Trade (2)
International Trade (3)
Role of Government
Role of Government (2)
Term 2 Assignment
Term 2 Assignment (II)
The 1995 Taiwan Straits Confrontation
The China Debate
Tianxia vs Realism
Towards a Chinese Theory of International Relations
What is National Interest?
What is PPE?
Writing a research paper
Term 2 Assignment
Term 2 assignment is due in the 5th Week, on
21 Apr. 2010 (Thursday)
All students are to place their essays
on my table, located in the staff room
and I will place a box for your to deposit your essays on that day.
The research essay topic, as follows:
*You are required to answer both parts of the question. [Maximum 500 words]
1a. What are the theoretical assumptions of the realist theory of International Relations Theory and how does realism predict state behavior? [10m]
1b. How does realism explain international relations in Northeast Asia? [15m]
All research papers must be refer to these articles:
1. For a theoretical definitions, refer to these 2 articles:
East Asian Security Complex.pdf
2. For specific examples, refer to the following articles:
3. Additionally, students may consult
Rise to Globalism
by Stephen Ambrose which is available in the library.
1. Unlike Term 1, you will not be given the opportunity to submit drafts. The version that you submit on 21/04/2011 is the final submission that will be graded.
2. However, if you need to consult me regarding your research paper, you should see me on
Thursdays, 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
3. Research papers that use Wikipedia/ Infopedia and other ready made essays available from the internet will be rejected, and will be given a zero for this essay automatically.
Please read this link
before writing and submitting your research papers.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"